No it's not a typo. Nice cream is a thing. You've heard of it right? It's a creamy, luscious dessert made with frozen bananas that's surprisingly just as satisfying as regular ice cream.
I've been wanting to whip up a batch for a long time and never got around to it. It's such a shame because I can't tell you how many over ripe bananas I've needlessly tossed and could've used to make this perfect little treat.
For this recipe you'll need only 3 ingredients:
any plant-based milk you prefer,
and a vanilla bean pod.
Yes, I'm a sucker for vanilla, especially vanilla beans (ahhhhh!). If you don't have vanilla bean pods, vanilla flavored milk or a half teaspoon of vanilla extract would work fine as well.
Required kitchen appliance:
High powered blender.
When to enjoy this treat:
It's perfect on a hot summer day,
after a sweaty workout to help replace electrolytes,
or whenever you want because.... it's NICE CREAM!
Enjoy your weekend and stay safe out there! xoxo
3 Ingredient Vanilla Bean Nice Cream
- 4 frozen ripe bananas previously cut into 2 inch circles and left in freezer for at least 12 hours in a ziplock bag or freezer safe tray
- about ¼ cup plant-based milk of choice you may need more or less to reach desired consistency
- 1 vanilla bean pod sliced and seeds scraped out
- Place bananas in a high powered blender.
- Add milk and vanilla seeds.
- Blend until smooth or desired consistency is reached.