I'm so excited to share this week's recipe with you! These BBQ Roasted Cauliflower Wraps came about unexpectedly a few weeks ago and we've been eating them non-stop ever since. If you're craving that rich BBQ flavor without being too heavy and indulgent then this recipe is for you! BBQ roasted cauliflower florets are crunchy and have a deep, rich caramelized flavor that really hits the spot this time of year! They're so delicious that you can basically eat the entire pan without blinking an eye. Wrap them in flour tortillas and add some homemade coleslaw and you have yourself an easy, family pleasing lunch or dinner that's ready in 30 minutes! This recipe is vegan and can be made gluten-free.
How To Make BBQ Cauliflower
It's pretty simple. All you need is your favorite BBQ sauce (homemade or store bought) and some cauliflower florets. When searching for BBQ sauce brands, I look for ones that contain simple ingredients I would use if I were making it from scratch myself. I also check out the sodium and sugar content to make sure it's reasonable. You have to expect that BBQ sauce will contain some sugar and sodium, so comparing brands that minimize these ingredients is helpful. I found that Hak's BBQ sauce met all those criteria and the taste was pretty great! The sauce is also vegan and gluten-free.
I douse the cauliflower with a good amount of sauce on a roasting pan, then toss it altogether until well combined. I know turning on the oven in summer may not be your favorite thing, but it's nice to be able to throw something in the oven and walk away until it's ready. The flavor is also really worth it! While the cauliflower is roasting, it also gives you time to make my quick and healthier plant-based coleslaw.
Three Ingredient Plant-Based Coleslaw
- Pre-cut and washed coleslaw mix. This usually contains different types of raw shredded cabbage and carrots and saves a ton of time in prep work.
- Apple cider vinegar- Adds that familiar tang to the slaw.
- Vegan mayonnaise- Plant-based mayonnaise is creamy, delicious and tastes just as good as the real thing but without all the saturated fat. I use Follow Your Heart brand.
Just mix everything together and add a touch of salt and pepper if you like a little extra kick.
Assembling the Wraps
The cauliflower takes a good 25-30 minutes to get golden and crispy. Here's where it gets tricky. You'll need to keep everyone away from the pan because it's real easy to gobble these golden nuggets up before they even hit the wrap! But, assembling the wrap couldn't be easier! I used flour tortilla wraps, but you can use whole wheat wraps or gluten-free wraps as well.
- Warm the wrap- This is optional but highly recommended. In a large pan or skillet warm the wrap on medium heat until it begins to puff slightly, flipping sides after 1-2 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower- Place the wrap onto a plate and add a few pieces of cauliflower .
- Top with coleslaw- Spoon some of the coleslaw onto the cauliflower and fold the wrap.
- Take a big bite and enjoy!
If you enjoyed this recipe you may also like Caribbean Jerk Chickpea Salad Sandwiches.
This post was not sponsored. All opinions are my own.
BBQ Roasted Cauliflower Wraps
- 1 cauliflower large head cut into florets
- ½ cup BBQ sauce + more if needed to coat and for dipping favorite store bought brand or homemade version *see notes above
- 4 cups dry coleslaw mix
- ⅓ cup vegan mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- tortilla wraps flour, corn, whole wheat or gluten-free all work
- coarse salt
- freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Place the cauliflower on a baking sheet and coat with the bbq sauce adding more if necessary to coat.
- Roast cauliflower for 30 minutes or until golden brown and crisp.
- In meanwhile, make the coleslaw by adding coleslaw mix, vinegar and mayo in a medium sized bowl and mixing until well combined. Set aside.
- Once the cauliflower is done, warm the tortilla wraps in a large round nonstick fry pan or skillet until they begin to puff slightly.
- Assemble the wrap by adding the cauliflower and top with some of the coleslaw mixture.
- Repeat for remaining wraps.
Leave a Reply