If you are looking for a tasty, no fuss appetizer for spring entertaining, then it's your lucky day! This Easy Artichoke & White Bean Crostini takes no time at all to prepare. Baguette bread is sliced, toasted and slathered with a creamy, garlicky white bean puree. The crostini are topped with slices of tangy artichoke hearts and finished with a pinch of pink Himalayan salt, freshly ground pepper and tarragon. This recipe is naturally vegan and can also be made gluten-free.
How To Make Crostini + Reasons to Love Them
Crostini literally means "little toasts" in Italian. They're made simply by toasting your favorite bread (typically sliced baguette) in the oven or on the grill. The best crostini are obviously made with the best tasting bread. Therefore, I recommend using good rustic baguette from your favorite bakery or grocery store.
There are so many reasons to love these small bites and here's why:
- they're the perfect vessel for consuming any of your favorite spreads, jams, veggies or fruits
- crostini can be made sweet, savory or both
- they're a fun way to showcase any seasonal produce you have on hand
- you can use fresh or day old bread to make crostini. But here's a tip... sometimes I will buy the bread in advance, slice and freeze. The slices stay fresh in a tightly sealed ziplock bag. I will take them out of the freezer to defrost about 2-3 hours before baking or grilling.
Artichoke & White Bean Crostini Ingredients
This recipe is made using just a few simple ingredients you probably already have in your pantry.
- rustic baguette bread (if making gluten-free use gluten-free bread)
- canned or jarred quartered artichoke hearts in water
- canned cannellini beans
- fresh garlic
- extra-virgin olive oil
- pink Himalayan Salt or coarse salt/fresh pepper
- tarragon or favorite fresh herb (for garnish and flavor)
If you enjoyed this recipe you may also like this recipe for Garlicky Roasted Carrot Bruschetta
Easy Artichoke & White Bean Crostini
- 1 loaf baguette bread
- 15 oz canned artichoke hearts quartered and drained
- 15 oz canned cannellini beans drained and rinsed
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon pink Himalayan sea salt
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- fresh tarragon
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Slice the baguette into ½- 1 inch slices.
- Place slices on baking sheet and brush or drizzle lightly with olive oil.
- Bake about 10-12 min until light golden brown and crispy.
- In meantime, make the bean puree by adding the beans, garlic, salt and pepper to a food processor and pulse until smooth and creamy.
- Scoop the puree onto cooked toasts and top with a slice of artichoke hearts and fresh tarragon.
- Season with additional salt and pepper if needed.
Easy and delicious
Spoonful of Plants says
So glad you think so!! 🙂