I love sweet little treats that don't require much effort to make. These no bake peanut butter blueberry energy bites are perfect to have on hand when hunger strikes. All you need is one bite to curb your appetite and give you that little boost that will help get you to your next meal. I use naturally sweet and plump Medjool dates, organic dried blueberries, creamy peanut butter and a few other basic ingredients you probably already have in your pantry.
What Makes These Energy Bites Better
They may be small but they are packed with powerful, healthy ingredients that many store bought energy bars lack. Medjool dates have a naturally sweet and caramelized flavor so there is no need to include any added sugars. The consistency of dried blueberries worked will well in the recipe to optimize texture. Rolled oats give the bites that whole grain goodness while chia seeds and peanut butter provide healthy protein and fats that level out blood sugar and give you that sense of satiety.
I roll them in some shredded coconut because, why wouldn't you? (haha!) And to give them an added blueberry kick, I crush up some of the dried blueberries to make a powder and mix it into the shredded coconut. It's not only pretty but so delicious!
They're the perfect whole foods, plant-based treat!
Customize To Your Liking
You can change up the flavors easily in these energy bites. Dried strawberries or banana would be a great substitution for the blueberries, for example. You could also use almond, cashew or any type of nut butter to replace the peanut butter. Make them gluten-free by using gluten-free oats. This recipe is pretty versatile.
Peanut Butter Blueberry Energy Bites
- food processor
- 5 Medjool dates
- ⅔ cup cup dried organic blueberries
- ⅓ cup rolled oats
- ⅓ cup peanut butter
- ½ teaspoon chia seeds
- ⅓ cup shredded coconut
- pinch sea salt optional
- In a food processor, pulse half the dried blueberries until pulverized into a powder.
- Add the blueberry powder to a shallow bowl or pie dish along with the coconut and set aside.
- Add dates to food processor and pulse a few times until they break up into small pieces.
- Add remaining dried blueberries, oats, peanut butter, chia seeds and pulse until combined.
- Take a small amount of mixture with the palm of your hands into 1 ½ inch balls.
- Roll balls into powder and coconut dish.
Leave a Reply