It's the week before Christmas. Even though I think I have everything under control (menu planned, gifts bought, house fairly tidy) there is always that last minute scurrying around before the big day. Thats when this Gingerbread Smoothie recipe really comes in handy. It's a quick, easy and festive snack that will satisfy your sweet tooth and give you that nutritious boost of energy that will help get you through the last minute holiday rush.
Gingerbread Smoothie Ingredients
This smoothie has that classic gingerbread cookie flavor but in a glass instead! Here's what you'll need to make it:
- Plant-based milk- I used unsweetened vanilla macadamia nut milk of this recipe, but you can use almond, oat or whatever unsweetened vanilla flavored milk you prefer. You could also use plain milk and add a touch of vanilla extract to flavor.
- Frozen bananas- give the smoothie a rich creamy taste.
- Almond butter- I like to use almond butter for this recipe since it's flavor is a bit more mild than peanut butter and doesn't distract too much from the gingerbread cookie flavor.
- Allspice- The spices in allspice (ginger, cloves, nutmeg, cinnamon, star anise, peppercorns) are really what bring this smoothie to life!
- Molasses- Helps give the smoothie that classic gingerbread flavor flavor. If you make gingerbread cookies this time of year, you probably already have this on hand. If not, you can sweeten the smoothie with dates or maple syrup instead.
- Whipped cream and Gingerbread cookie crumbles- To make the smoothie even more festive, I love to top it with plant-based oat whipped cream and crushed gingerbread or gingersnap cookies.
Things to Love About This Smoothie
Not only is it a festive drink, but this smoothie has some nutritional perks as well.
- It's a quick fix for a sweet tooth. You can control the amount of sweetness according to you liking.
- It contains healthy fats and some protein to help keep your appetite under control when things get hectic and busy.
- It's hydrating and rich in potassium and fiber from bananas.
After whipping all ingredients in a high powered blender, just pour into your favorite glass and sit back and enjoy!
If you liked this recipe you may also enjoy this Vanilla Bean Frappuccino.
- 2 cups unsweetened vanilla plant-based milk
- 2 cups frozen banans
- 2 tablespoon almond butter
- 1 ½ teaspoon allspice plus more for topping
- 2 teaspoon molasses
- plant-based or regular whipped cream
- gingerbread or gingersnap cookies crushed for topping
- In a high powered blender add milk then bananas, almond butter, spices and molasses and blend until smooth.
- Top with whipped cream and sprinkle with additional spice, cookie crumbles and enjoy!
Leave a Reply