Hello friends! I hope you all had a wonderful holiday! Today I'd like to share this Easy Vegan Cranberry and Herbed Cheese Crostini appetizer recipe that may come in handy for your New Year's celebrations. In fact, you may already have the ingredients leftover in your fridge. These delicious bites are made by toasting sliced rustic bread and topping them with your favorite spreadable vegan herbed cheese and a touch of cranberry sauce. Top them with fresh herbs and they make a stunning and enticing presentation.
How To Make Crostini
Crostini couldn't be easier to make. Follow these steps to get perfect crostini every time.
- First, buy a loaf of your favorite rustic style baguette bread.
- Next, cut the bread into one inch slices and place on a baking sheet.
- Then drizzle the bread with with some olive oil and pop it in the oven for just a few minutes until they're golden brown and toasted.
- Load them up with your favorite crostini toppings.
One of my favorite vegan soft cheese spreads is made by a company called Treeline. They make delicious artisan style vegan herbed soft cheese that are perfect for crostini. I was pleasantly surprised at the flavor and texture. If you've never tried vegan cheese spread before, I'd encourage you to give this one a try.
For this recipe I used leftover ingredients that I already had in my fridge from the holidays. The contrast of red from the cranberry sauce (I used store bought cranberry sauce) and green from the fresh herbs makes this a fun and festive presentation. But, you can also use any of your favorite spreads to make your own delicious crostini combination.
Instead of cranberry sauce, you can actually use any sweet jam or savory chutney. Raspberry jam or cranberry chutney for example, would taste amazing on these crostini! If you are not strictly vegan, you can even drizzle a bit of honey to sweeten up your toasts.
I'd like to wish everyone a very Happy New Year! Cheers to 2023! Let's make it a healthy one!
Easy Vegan Cranberry and Herbed Cheese Crostini
- 1 cup favorite store bought (or homemade) cranberry sauce
- 3-4 oz vegan herbed cheese spread
- 1 loaf rustic style baguette bread
- extra virgin olive oil
- fresh thyme or rosemary for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Slice baguette bread into ½-1 inch thin slices.
- Place bread on baking sheet and drizzle bread lightly with olive oil.
- Bake for about 10 minutes until light golden brown.
- Allow bread to cool, then top with a layer of cheese spread and a dollop of cranberry sauce. Garnish with sprig of fresh thyme.